What have you placed in your children’s bucket today? Positive words and kindness such as “Great job!” or “You’re so loved!” make our children’s bucket overflow with happiness and the result is a high self esteem. Are you guilty of yelling or being to harsh? The negative effects of cruel words on a child’s confidence is similar to poking holes in their bucket. It drains them and sometimes the holes can be hard to patch making them bitter into adulthood. Is your child’s bucket empty or full? Your words are extremely powerful. Use them to make a positive impact today.
Use these to help build up a happy and optimistic child!
- I believe in you!
- You can be who you want to be!
- Way to go! I’m proud of you!
- You’re doing a fantastic job!
- You Rock!
- You are so loved!
- You make me smile!
- You are so special to me!
- You are a daughter/son of Christ!
- You are beautiful inside and out!
- You are a leader!
- I love spending time with you!
- You are so important!