We all have those days. You know the ones. The days where the chores are taunting us and we would pretty much rather go roll around in mud than spend time doing the mundane task of cleaning. It’s something that has to be done but today you’re just not feeling it. The dishes are yelling, “Wash me!” and the laundry is screaming, “Fold me!” But it’s going to take the strength of Goliath to remove you from the couch. We all have those moments when we think, “Why clean it? It’ll just get messed up again anyway!” When you find yourself becoming bored with the same old chores, dig yourself out of the pit of “choredom” (think I just made that word up!) . Do something inspiring and give yourself the motivation you need to tackle your to-do list. Taking a time out from the everyday tasks can give you the enthusiasm you need to conquer your whole household!
(My husband would likely frown on this!) Here is a list of “20 Things To Do Other Than Cleaning The House”:
- Bake a cake.
- Watch a marathon of your favorite show.
- Paint something.
- Plant new flowers outside your window.
- Call up an old friend.
- Read that book you’ve been meaning to read.
- Buy yourself something new. (Retail therapy!)
- A quick workout.
- Sit down & write a card to someone.
- Play a game with your child.
- Have lunch with your spouse.
- Learn something new.
- Get crafty and make something! Pinterest has thousands of great ideas!
- Take a bubble bath.
- Crank your music up really loud!
- Get outdoors! Go for a walk, a hike, just go!
- Make cookies for a neighbor.
- Go to the park.
- Organize your photographs.
- Have a spa day.
The Cheerful Mom