With the maddening rush of the holidays in full swing, it’s easy to become swept up in the frantic pace that this wonderful, but busy, season brings. If you find yourself blinded by the twinkling lights or forgetful of what this season is truly about, here is a list of thirty things to be grateful for:
- You are living and breathing.
- You have someone that loves you dearly.
- Mornings you can sleep as late as you want.
- Memories of past holidays.
- The clothes you are wearing.
- The warm food on your table.
- For lessons learned–the good and the bad.
- Your children.
- Your spouse or significant other.
- Books and the ability to be transported to other worlds through their pages.
- Your good health.
- The changing of leaves.
- A strangers kindness.
- Your parents.
- Your siblings.
- Modern conveniences.
- Traveling and experiencing new places and people.
- A cozy, comfy bed.
- Music and being able to relate to the lyrics.
- Great friendships.
- Clean water.
- Reaching a goal.
- The fresh new start each morning brings.
- Hot cocoa and a crackling fire.
- Old movies you love to watch again and again.
- A seasonal candle to set the tone in your home.
- Old photographs.
- The holiday cards that fill your mailbox this time of year.
- The peace of knowing Jesus Christ.
I would like to take a moment now to express to my readers how grateful I am for each and everyone of you. Thank you for allowing me into your homes and lives for just a few minutes a day. If I inspire or encourage just one of you, then it has all been worth it.
The Cheerful Mom